Pages

Monday, November 23, 2015

We Made Video Game Versions Of Ourselves And This Is How It Felt

The real Final Boss is finding the right hair. All avatars created in Fallout 4.

Maritsa Patrinos / BuzzFeed

If you play video games, you have probably made more avatars than you can remember. Many of us make a fantasy character who is more fit and attractive than we are in real life. Others want desperately to see themselves reflected in video games, but the system doesn't give you the option. With that in mind, seven of us decided to make character in the newly released Fallout 4 who were more or less reflections of ourselves.

Maritsa Patrinos / BuzzFeed

I am basically a GIF in human form, so making an avatar of myself in video games is usually fairly painless. That being said, I almost always play as "Ahmed" and with good karma. If I don't make myself the hero, the only time I'll see a brown bearded dude reflected in a video game is down the barrel of a gun.


View Entire List ›

No comments:

Post a Comment