Pages

Thursday, May 28, 2015

Can You Actually Get Through Disneyland In 24 Hours?

Disneyland. Twenty-four hours. One mission: Find my sense of adventure.

Charlotte Gomez for BuzzFeed

As a 26-year-old man, I can honestly say I've lost my sense of adventure. I'm a shell of a man with the emotional range of a dusty sheet of Xerox paper. Long gone are the days of awe and wonder...

One day, I rummaged through a broken toy bank my parents bought me when I was a kid. In it, I kept a list of things I wanted to do before I die — a list I wrote when I was about 8. There was one particular item on the list that kept drawing my attention:

"Go to my happy place. Ride every single ride at Disneyland."

As luck would have it, Disneyland was celebrating its 60th anniversary by keeping the park open for 24 hours. If I could get this one thing done from my childhood days, maybe I could gain back some of that childhood spunk I used to have. Maybe I could find my sense of adventure.

Charlotte Gomez for BuzzFeed

My girlfriend Aly was there to provide coffee and moral support, as well as photographic evidence of my "magical" journey. We used a Park Hopper pass to get into the parks.

At exactly 6 on the dot, fireworks went off to signify the opening of both parks. And so the clock started ticking...


View Entire List ›

No comments:

Post a Comment